Women at John Holland
John Holland is a workplace where women thrive. We are committed to levelling the playing field for our employees.
Women excel in a huge range of roles within our business, from carpenters and finance professionals to Project Directors and Executives鈥nd everything in between.
Our CEO, Joe Barr, is passionate about ensuring that John Holland is an inclusive place for women to work. He is a public supporter of women鈥檚 career development and growth as well as a Pay Equity Ambassador.
- We were the first construction company to implement a paid parental leave scheme and are continuously refining this to ensure it meets the needs of our people.
- We annually review our like-for-like gender pay gap.
- We were one of the first companies in Australia to explicitly make full parental leave entitlements available to employees who experience a stillbirth.
- We have an active internal Women鈥檚 Network at John Holland, that celebrates and supports women in our business.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave) - 13 weeks + 5 week return to work bonus
- Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on paid Parental Leave
- Leadership development programs and mentoring opportunities targeted at women